Sword and the Script Media, LLC supports the privacy of our readers. We follow an “opt in” philosopy. The following outlines our privacy and data protection policy.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
When you fill out a form on this website, such subscribing to the blog by email, the newsletter, or a white paper, we will collect the information you enter. We will not sell or share this information with another third-party unless obligated to do so by law.
This site uses Google Analytics to better understand our readership. This means when you visit www.swordandthescript.com we collect information about your computer and about how you use the site. Google Analytics anonymizes your information and does not collect identifying information, such as your name or email address. However, this may include your computer’s IP address, information about your web browser and operating system, and if you arrived at this site by clicking on a link on another website.
We may use this information to:
- Personalize the content and advertising you see, based on your personal characteristics or preferences.
- Ensure our site is compatible with the technology used by most of our visitors.
- Notify you of relevant new products and features (if you opt in to receiving such information).
- Notify you of promotions from (if you opt in to receiving such information).
We may also use the information for in-house research to:
- Improve our understanding of our readers.
- Build marketing profiles and understand reader demographics.
- Inform our strategic planning, editorial and services development.
- Manage our relationships with advertisers.
The results of all such research and analysis will be presented as anonymous or aggregated information and will not reveal any personal facts about individual readers.
A cookie is a small file that is placed on the user’s computer during a visit to www.swordandthescript.com. This file allows the user to move quickly and easily around our site. It is used to identify returning users.
There are several options available to you that enable you to control cookies in browsers. Your browser will enable you to:
- Delete all cookies.
- Block all cookies.
- Allow all cookies.
- Block only 3rd party cookies.
- Clear all cookies when the browser closes.
Use of Email
Sword and the Script Media uses reputable third parties to deliver the emails we send. You will only receive automation-enabled emails from us if you subscribe or have chosen to receive news, opinion pieces, or information service offerings or products. These third parties often use unique identifiers and invisible images, often called “pixel tags,” to determine who has opened or clicked on a message and to deliver messages formatted for the user’s device and software.
We use Feedburner, which is a Google service, to deliver new blog posts via email when these are published. This list is double-opt-in, which means users must subscribe, and verify the subscription from a link sent by email.
We also use MailChimp for a single-opt-in monthly email newsletter subscription. We use a hosted signup form provided by MailChimp and a plugin called MailMunch to offer readers the opportunity to subscribe.
For clarity, all of these options are opt-in. An unsubscribe button is present in every email. If you have trouble unsubscribing you may contact us for assistance.
U.S. Federal Trade Commission guidelines require us to disclose paid endorsement relationships. We also think it is important for you to know how we fund the free information we publish.
1) We are first and foremost an agency, which means we primarily sell services related to PR, marketing and social media.
2) Advertising that we run augments our services revenue and is typically separate. In other words, the services clients we serve are not usually advertising customers we serve and vice versa. If that changes, we will be transparent about it.
3) If we write about clients in editorial dispatches, it is purely by choice. We will disclose the fact they are a client clearly in those posts. When we do this, it’s because we believe there is some greater value for readers.
4) We sell display ads the sidebar. On mobile displays, a display ad sometimes appears in the main content column.
5) We sell sponsored posts, emails and social media updates. Sometimes we write those posts, and sometimes the sponsor provides the copy. Regardless, we conspicuously label all sponsored content and delineate it from editorial content.
6) When we review products or services, we usually receive free access for testing. We do not accept compensation for reviews. Vendors are not permitted to influence the editorial content of reviews.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, feel free to contact us.