U.S. Federal Trade Commission guidelines require us to disclose paid endorsement relationships. We also think it is important for you to know how we fund the free information we publish.
1) We are first and foremost an agency, which means we primarily sell services related to PR, marketing and social media.
2) Advertising that we run augments our services revenue and is typically separate. In other words, the services clients we serve are not usually advertising customers we serve and vice versa. If that changes, we will be transparent about it.
3) If we write about clients in editorial dispatches, it is purely by choice. We will disclose the fact they are a client clearly in those posts. When we do this, it’s because we believe there is some greater value for readers.
4) We sell display ads the sidebar. On mobile displays, a display ad sometimes appears in the main content column.
5) We sell sponsored posts, emails and social media updates. Sometimes we write those posts, and sometimes the sponsor provides the copy. Regardless, we conspicuously label all sponsored content and delineate it from editorial content.
6) When we review products or services, we usually receive free access for testing. We do not accept compensation for reviews. Vendors are not permitted to influence the editorial content of reviews.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, feel free to contact us.