Our session is titled, “Earned Media Trends and Best Practices Revealed in an Analysis of the 2020 JOTW Communications Survey.”
We’ve pulled out just the data from the 2020 JOTW Communications Survey that’s related to earned media for the session. Of course, we packed it with analysis, tips and tricks for overcoming the challenges.
Here’s what the agenda for this session:
- Top comms challenges in the context of 2020
- Politics reaches beyond politics; earned media implications
- Traditional media relations is getting harder
- Tools of the earned media trade
- Top Tactics in Communications and PR
- PR and communications measurement
- PR in the organizational structure
The overall summit is a two-day virtual conference being held on August 19-20, 2020. There are some 30 speakers lined up to present sessions on earned media – many of them are best and brightest in our industry.
Importantly, the event is complimentary for 48 hours on August 19-20, 2020. After that time elapses, access will cost $97, so be sure to block time and participate.
What is the JOTW?
Ned’s JOTW stands for Job of the Week. It’s a newsletter that Ned has published once a week for nearly 20 years (online archive here). He lists job openings in PR and communications. It’s free to subscribe and free to post job if you have a listing. You can subscribe here.
What is the JOTW Communications Survey?
Three years ago, Ned and I teamed up to survey the JOTW community and we’ve published a report three years in a row. JOTW subscribers are seasoned professionals: 92% have 11 or more years of experience and 52% are in-house communications professionals.
Over the years, I’ve written 20 blog posts about the findings – plus a boatload of contributions elsewhere. This year’s report is freely available on Ned’s Job of the Week website or on SlideShare. SlideShare provides embed code for publishers and offers an option to download the full report as a PDF document.
Here are links to the previous year’s surveys:
2019 JOTW Communications Survey
- Presentation: The 2019 JOTW Communications Survey
- Blog: Corporate Communications is Taking More PR Work In-House, finds Survey; Media Relations Gets Even Harder
2018 JOTW Communications Survey
- Presentation: The 2018 JOTW Communications Survey
- Blog: New Survey Identifies the Hottest Trends in Corp Comm and PR; Announcing the 2018 JOTW Communications Survey
* * *
If you’re interested in having us present at an event for you, please feel free to reach out. You may also find my dedicated speaking page with same topics and previous presentations useful.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
Partisan Politics Complicates PR and Comms for Business, Survey Finds