What’s the number one challenge facing communications and PR professionals? “Proving value and ROI,” according to one high-level finding from the 2020 JOTW Communications Survey.
Traditionally, the annual survey has pointed to “budget” as the top challenged, but that shifted this year. Indeed, the second top challenge seems related – an “executive team that doesn’t understand comms.”
(click image for higher resolution)
That’s part of what Ned Lundquist and I will review on a webinar next week hosted by the IABC Heritage Region, titled, The 2020 Job of the Week Communication Survey Review.
You are invited to join us to review this finding – and other findings – revealed in the survey. Attendees will learn about communicators views on topics including:
- Effects of partisan politics
- Budget and challenges
- State of media relations
- Media bias and PR ethics
- Top PR and comms tactics
- PR measurement
Webinar Event Details
- What: Online webinar hosted by the IABC
- Who: Open to all communicators, including IABC members and future members
- When: Thursday, June 18, 2020, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Where: Register here
- Cost: Complimentary with registration
- Ned Lundquist, IABC Fellow, editor and publisher of Ned’s Job of the Week
- Frank Strong (yours truly)
- Moderated by Steve Lubetkin, founder of Lubetkin Communications.
About the Survey
Ned’s Job of the Week (JOTW) newsletter (sample) and Sword and the Script Media conducted the third annual JOTW Communications Survey to understand trends in the field of communications. A total of 300 professionals took the survey:
- 95% of respondents are based in the U.S.;
- 92% report having 11 or more years of experience;
- 52% of respondents are in-house communicators; and respondents come from more than a dozen different industries.
Detailed demographics are included at the end of the report, which can be freely downloaded on SlideShare.
See these related posts:
- Partisan Politics Complicates PR and Comms for Business, Survey Finds
- PR Industry Survey: The Tactics and Skills Rising in Importance [MarketingProfs]
- The Top 7 Challenges Facing PR and Communications in 2020 [Bulldog Reporter]
- Media Relations Keeps Getting Harder; Here are 6 Dynamic Techniques to Adapt
Image credit: Image by Jagrit Parajuli from Pixabay