Even PR Week jumped on the “trend” as evidenced by a HARO query for a “Gloves Off” section I noticed a few weeks back. I haven’t seen the article post yet.
Yet as the seasons have turned it seems to have brought a renewed appreciating for the staple press release. It’s a revival. Let’s celebrate.
Here are a few posts I’ve spotted lately:
- Journalistics: Use News Releases for More Than PR
- The Buzz Bin: People Are Talking In Press Releases, But Is Anyone Listening?
- Pop! PR Jots: The Press Release Isn’t Dead. No, Twitter Didn’t Kill It.
Here are a few of my previous thoughts the topic:
- Nineteen-seventy-something…and a press release
- 5 Tips to Optimize Your News Release for New Media
- News Flash! Press Releases Aren’t Just for the Media Anymore
- The best day to send a PRWeb press release
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
3 Strategic Ways to use Press Releases for Meaningful Influence