- Unsolicited Twitter follower that posts, “I love your product. Use it every day.”
- Community member that comments (positively) on a blog post about which product is better
- Fan that replies positively to a Facebook status update that says, “Anyone ever heard of ACME corporation?
- Surprise blog post from a customer that describes your product, why they use it and the benefit they see
- Comment on your corporate blog announcing a new product development that says, “Hey gang, nice work on this, keep it up!”
Lately, I’ve noticed a couple of posts that mention the overwhelming pace and fatigue with engagement in a social media world. Success like those above don’t just happen – and though they are unsolicited – they are also the effect of 1) a great product 2) excellent service and 3) a lot of hard work building a community in social media. My only advice is keep your eye on what constitutes success.