Why is it smart and savvy business people – especially marketers – have no social media presence?
Think the reason is time? I suggest it’s not time at all but fear. Why fear? Because especially in large organizations, we’ve been classically conditioned, to avoid speaking our minds.
If we speak our mind…
- What will our boss say?
- What will our peers say?
- What will our customers say?
- What will the competition say?
- What might the media say?
- What will the analysts say?
- What will the investors say?
- What will Wall Street say?
Fear is a powerful emotion. Which is why marketers play on it, ugly as that tactic might be. To be clear, a little bit of fear is good — healthy even — as it keeps us safe. Too much fear is debilitating; it clouds our judgement and in fact re-routes judgement to a primitive part of our brains. Read More…