If there’s ever been a cliché for a love/hate relationship, for me, Facebook would fit the bill. Some have compared it to a 10-year-old that needs a “timeout.“ Still, what the company has done is impressive and probably beyond anyone’s wildest dreams.
This infographic, recently published on Marketing Land, spells out why. Here are a few of the statistics that drew my interest:
- 10 percent of Facebook profiles are fake
- 45 million Facebook accounts are duplicates
- 23 million accounts on Facebook are mis-categorized — i.e. personal profiles that should be brand pages
- 14 million accounts spread spam
- 30 million Facebook profiles belong to people who have departed this world Read More…